During its existence, TikTok has become a favorite social network not only for creative youth, but also for bloggers of completely different directions. Some are passionate about their hobbies, others advertise products and services, others make humorous videos. But in fact, everyone’s goal is the same: to get the coveted views and become popular. An important tool for attracting the attention of subscribers are hashtags. With the right choice of tags, the chances of being noticed by the target audience are greatly increased. These are the best tools for most online businesses, like a platform with blackjack games or a streaming service. Why do we need hashtags, how to choose them correctly, and which of them are the most popular?
Why We Need Hashtags on TikTok
The main function of hashtags on TikTok is to make it easier for users to navigate through content. Clicking on a tag will take the subscriber to a page with videos that have that tag below them. They help sort content by topic, and tags are also used to promote a publication.
Thanks to this feature you can:
- Increase the number of likes and views.
- Attract new subscribers.
- Get into recommendations.
- Attract the attention of your target audience.
How to Get Into Recommendations in TikTok With Hashtags
If a user searches for videos using hashtags, as a rule, they will not stop at watching one video from the search, but will linger and explore several clips from the suggested ones, thus increasing their popularity. That’s why you can’t put tags in TikTok without following the following rules:
- It isn’t recommended to put more than 6-8 pieces per post.
- It’s important to place hashtags in accordance with the subject of the video.
- Don’t leave the same mark in a row under several clips.
- Don’t use words forbidden in TikTok.
Where to Get Working Hashtags
Using only all known tags won’t bring the desired result. TikTok’s algorithms are set up so that videos with thematic hashtags will be offered to users more often and are more likely to be included in recommendations.
All the hashtags used can be divided into three groups depending on how often they are searched for in the social network: low-frequency, medium-frequency and high-frequency. To get your video to the top, you should pay attention to medium-frequency tags. Let’s find out about some search options that work.
Pay attention to your competitors’ channels. Study their content carefully, note which clips are gaining popularity and what kind of hashtags are being used.
Keep an eye out for recommendations and top videos. Make trending videos and challenges utilizing a video editor for TikTok. Include recommended offers in the description, but don’t forget the importance of their relevance to the theme of the video. The social network may ban a video or limit views if it detects a violation.
The “Interesting” tab displays viral hashtags with a huge number of views. You can find the right ones for you among them.
Other Ways to Boost Popularity
To become popular on TikTok, it’s not enough to use hashtags alone. Here are tips and tricks for creating interesting content:
- It’s important to get repeat views. Tik Tok drops videos into recommendations that gain repeat views. This can be achieved by serving up important information at the end with a quick shot. For example, a description of an interesting book, places with the title at the very end. TikTok users will revisit the video to review the title or skim it. Second option: create a video riddle, with the clue hidden in the video. To solve the puzzle, users will rewatch it several times.
- You need a large number of views to the end. To do this, you can deliberately drag out the intrigue, giving the answer at the end.
- Content should gain a large number of reposts to get into recommendations. Add a description to the video with a request to share.
- You need comments to get into recommendations. Select essential topics, create enlightening videos. Make content that’s sure to spark a desire to discuss it.
- At TikTok, likes are also important to get into recommendations. To get them, you can put a reminder at the beginning of the video or in the description.
Hashtags are an auxiliary element for the promotion of posts, but they don’t guarantee one hundred percent popularity of the content. To increase the chances of getting into recommendations, it’s worth paying special attention to the quality of the publication itself, the subject and the script.