Installing a commercial linear light fixture is a process that requires you to follow certain guidelines and safety precautions. This article includes detailed information on how to install such a fixture, as well as some introductory tips on how to choose the right fixture for your space.
What is a linear light fixture?
A linear light fixture is a popular option for commercial installations. They are simple to install and look great in any space. There are several types of linear light fixtures to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
One option is a recessed light. This type of fixture is installed into the wall and hangs down. It has a flat surface on top that looks like a surface without any features. This type of fixture is great for spaces with a lower ceiling or for areas where you don’t want a lot of visual distraction.
Another option is an uplight. This type of fixture hangs from the ceiling and has a curved surface on top. It provides bright light in all directions, making it ideal for areas with high ceilings or busy areas. Uplights also come in many different designs and colors, so you can find one that matches your space perfectly.
If you’re looking for something more traditional, consider a recessed light with shade. This type of fixture has a round or oval shape and comes with either a standard shade or an uplight-compatible shade. It’s perfect if you want the traditional look without having to install additional hardware or deal with potential wiring issues.
Whatever type of linear light fixture you decide on, be sure to hire an expert to help you install it correctly and ensure that it looks beautiful in your space
How to install a commercial linear light fixture
Commercial linear light fixtures come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and installation can be a bit of a challenge. Follow these steps to install a commercial linear light fixture:
1. Decide where you plan to install the fixture. Commercial linear light fixtures are typically placed near the ceiling or on the wall.
2. Measure your desired location and make sure that the mounting surface is large enough for the fixture box and wiring. Many commercial linear light fixtures come with built-in mounts, but if yours doesn’t, you’ll need to purchase a mounting kit.
3. Excavate or cut into your desired mounting surface using an electric drill and spade bit. Make sure to use plenty of sealants when doing this so that moisture won’t get inside the fixture box later on.
4. Install the fixture box onto your substrate using screws or bolts (depending on its design). If your substrate is flimsy or does not have a lot of strength, consider using anchors instead of screws/bolts. Be sure to tighten all screws/bolts before proceeding!
5. Connect wires from the power supply (usually located in an attic) to the appropriate terminals on the side of the fixture box. In some cases, there may be more than one wire going into the box – make sure to label each one!
6. Route wiring through any tight spaces and up over doorframes or other obstacles as needed. Use cable ties or other electrical
Buying Guide for Linear Light Fixtures
When you’re shopping for a new commercial linear light fixture, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the fixture is level – if it’s not, it will throw your lighting off and ruin your photos or videos. Second, make sure that the fixture can handle the wattage required for your project. Third, be sure to get a warranty on your purchase – this way, you can feel confident that you’re getting a quality product. fourth, consider whether you need an uplight or downlight – each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Fifth, select the right color temperature for your needs – too warm of color will make pictures look orangey, while too cool of color can cause whites to look blue or green. Finally, be sure to connect the wires correctly – doing so will ensure that your light works properly and looks professional overall.
After reading this article on how to install a commercial linear light fixture, hopefully, you will be better equipped to do the job yourself. Not only can installing a linear light be an easy task for the DIY-er, but it can also save you money in the long run. By knowing how to do it yourself, you’ll also ensure that your lighting is of the highest quality and meets all of your specific needs. Thanks for reading!
Installing a commercial linear light fixture can be a daunting task, but with the help of this guide, you should be able to get it done without any difficulty. We’ve gone over all the basics, from how to determine if your space is suitable for installation to tips on how to mount and wire the fixture. If you have any questions or concerns after reading through this guide, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at our toll-free number or stop by one of our stores in person. We would be happy to assist you in getting your commercial linear light installed as quickly and efficiently as possible.