Every décor shop you visit, you will find loads of LED neon-related items. LED Neon lights have brought upon us the longest-lasting trend wave that does not seem to pass any time soon. You will find LED neon signs in retail shops, restaurants, wedding venues, gaming dens,homes, etc. Nowadays, everyone is hunting for the perfect neon signs for their spaces and we do not blame them. However, before you buy a neon sign, it is important that you do a little research about them. It is easy to get caught away and be easily impressed by their glamorous reputation and end up getting the wrong ones. Hence, here are some things that buyers usually look for while or before buying a LED neon related items.
What Is The Difference Between Neon Signs And LED Neon Signs?
The most common misconception is confusing neon signs and LED neon signs. Let us be very clear when we say these are two very different things. Most buyers get confused between the two and then end up dissatisfied with their purchase.Since we are talking about buying products that will not disappoint, if you want the perfect neon sign that suits your requirements best, contact MyNeon Store for custom neon signs.
Coming back to the topic, there are many differences between traditional neon signs and LED neon signs from materials, components, technology, the flexibility of design, and running costs.
- When the electricity passes through metal electrodes, a chemical reaction occurs between the gas and the metal electrodes, emitting neon light that we see in traditional neon signs.However, in LED neon signs a reaction occurs when electrons pass through semiconductors.
- LED neon signs are much cheaper than traditional neon signs.
- LED neon signs are also much more energy efficient in comparison to traditional neon signs.
- Traditional neon signs have a longer lifespan however they require more Maintainance.
- Neither of the neon signs presents any threat to your health or risk to the environment. This is because neon is an inert gas and poses no threat to the environment.
Some Types Of Neon Signs
Now that we know the main differences between the both that a common person needs to know, now it is time we discuss the different types of neon signs you can choose from. With the advancements in technology and the rapid increase in the attention neon products get, there have been more and more variations in the models and designs of neon items you can find. Some most common examples are:
LED Flex Neon Sign
LED neon flex signs are very flexible and linear light fixtures that are not free. These are the most long-lasting types of neon signs that last for up to 40,000 hours or 4 years of illumination.
LED Neon Flux
This type of neon sign requires no type of heating or hard bending. These are very easy to make and are very high quality. These are much more durable than glass signs that break quite easily and have a short life.
Acrylic Block Lettering
Acrylic block lettering is a modern and robust design that is very resistant to damage. It is much desirable for businesses and is usually seen in restaurants and retail shops. However, the installation process is complex.
Read more blogs on skelabs